The Library will be open 10am to 2pm Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday during the term.
Remember the Learning Hub is also open with lots of great faculty and staff willing to help with tutoring, advising, and general questions.
Phone or Text: 717-728-2500
|Desktop version of Word|
If a title page is required for your assignment, follow these steps:
1. Type the title of your paper as it appears on the title page - bold font, title case, and centered
2. On the first line of your paragraph, click the left align button to move your cursor back to the left margin
3. Begin writing your paper. Once you have a few lines done, highlight the lines you've written (do NOT include the title), then click the Paragraph Formatting button
4. Under Indentation: Special, choose First Line. The default indentation is 0.5", which is correct
Your References should begin at the top of a new page immediately after your essay has ended.
1. Type in bold font and center the title: References
2. Press enter, then select the left align button to move your cursor to the left margin
3. Write (or paste) all of your citations. Each citation should begin on a new line. Double line spacing, like the rest of your paper. Do not add any extra spaces between citations.
4. Highlight all of your citations, then click the Sort button in the Paragraph section of the menu. The defaults are correct to sort alphabetically. Click OK. [The sort option is not available in Word online, open your document in the desktop app or manually copy and paste your citations in alphabetical order.]
5. Highlight all of your citations, then select Paragraph options. Under Indentation: Special, select Hanging. The default setting is 0.5", which is correct. Click OK.